Monday, July 26, 2010

More photos of food....I may actually get back to painting some day!

Apple and Rice Salad (pretty as a picture)
I am going to a potluck supper tonight. We are to each bring a salad. I like taking "different" salads to these things so I made this today. It's delicious! (and healthy)

Start with 3 cups cooked brown rice (I cheated and used minute brown rice) To the rice add 2 cups chopped apple, 1/2 to 1 cup of dried cranberries, 1 cup chopped celery, and 1/2 cup slivered almonds (you could probably add pecans or walnuts) Dressing: 1 cup low fat cocunut/pineapple yogert (I use Source 35 cal per serving) and 1/2 cup lo fat mayonaise. Add dressing to rice mixture, keep chilled till serving.....enjoy

I swear I will get back to art soon.......

2 comments:

Doreen said...

You have some of my favourite ingredients in that recipe Lee but my family won't eat this kind of mix, maybe I should make some just for myself! Sounds yummy and certainly healthy : )

loisjayne said...

Sounds great....Im going to try it today!