Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's all in the rub - slow cooker pulled pork (Artful cooking)

Normally you would barbeque a pork roast for pulled pork, but I had heard you could get the same results (or nearly the same) with a slow cooker. While we are in an apartment while we build our house I can't barbeque so I decided to try this. First for the rub.........equal parts brown sugar and paprika (I used 1/4 cup each for a 3 lb pork blade roast) freshly ground sea salt and pepper, and 2 tsp of dry mustard. Rub the pork roast with this then wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate over night. In the morning put in crock pot...slow roast for 8 hours. I poured half a bottle of barbeque sauce on it mid way through the cooking (at 4 hours)
Now pull apart......It will literally fall apart....I love the dark sugary hard bits....Served on a fresh bun, your favourite coleslaw on the side. Perfect for summer! (my husband and I like ours Memphis style with the slaw on the bun too!) Enjoy!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

This sounds really yummy and would be excellent company fare.

slow cooker said...

Nice post! I like this post and as per i know that there is some good information about cooker pan and slow cooker because it is more helpful in winter as well as monsoon and it is evergreen used by people who doing job. Thanks for sharing this info.

Debra Keirce said...

As a vegetarian, I will appreciate and compliment your rub....but I'm not trying it! LOL! Nice color though.