Monday, April 26, 2010

Backyard - Work in Progress

I've started the second painting for Steph today. Another 8 x 10" acrylic. This one will be of her back patio of their first house. I should probably point out that although I always work from the back to the front, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the right way of doing it. I am self taught and simply use methods that work for me. Things that I have picked up from other artists and mentors.
You can see the reference photo on the right (or maybe you can't see it....it's kind of small. Anyway, I'm just doing the rough background to get the colours and the "lay of the land" sort of speak. I have discovered that I really really dislike painting gravel!

Just working on the raised flowerbed and then I can move on to the details of the flora and fauna :) More work will have to be done with the shadow too.....They are proving to be challenging.


4 comments:

Marlene said...

This is going to be another very nice painting.

Haunted Swamp Designs said...

WOW That is AMAZING!
Lynda

m1 Designs said...

You are off to a wonderful start on this.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Just Beautiful!!!
Hi..I’m Barb….I am from New Friend Friday.. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!