Monday, August 24, 2009

Marbles - Work in progress

Adding layers with colour, but I'm still using the underpainting. Haven't added the real colours yet.
Now I'm starting to layer on the finishing colours. I have 3 different "reds on the red marbles. Likewise with the green. The shadowing is harder than I realized.

I cheated and painted the white reflections. Seemed like the easiest way to go about it. The hardest part was keeping the stupid things round!!!! Almost impossible if you ask me. Is a marble really perfectly round anyway? Did all the burnishing and buffing I'm going to do today. I'll see tomorrow if I want to do more on this. I probably should, but I have a feeling I will call it finished.


5 comments:

m1 Designs said...

You are so right about the round shapes, those are very difficult to keep round. Your color choices are great. Nice work.

Debra Keirce said...

I cheat all the time! I love to combine acrylics and pencils. These are beautiful Leola!

Doreen said...

Wonderful work...you amaze me!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Wow..beautiful work!

Amber said...

Wow!! How great! Wonderful job!