Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Painting of Lightning - Work in Progress



This is a painting that I started for the November Group challenge "The Sea". I tried two times to come up with a decent painting of the movement of the sea etc from the reference photos. It just didn't work today. So I painted over them and did what I like best. Still has water, but it's calm. The "Calm before the Storm". I am not finished this one. It needs little details here and there. Not sure what I'll do with this one when I'm finished. It's larger than what I usually paint. An 8 x 10 acrylic.

3 comments:

John Bryson said...

i think thats a sweet painting!!!! simple, yet very detailed. I like it a lot!

Adelaide said...

It´s a wonderful painting. Nice and quite. The kinf I like really

Bridget said...

I Love your lightning paintings, I have one ♥