Saturday, November 8, 2008

Painting Goldfinch & Allium - Work in Progress


This is a 16" x 20" (note: Huge painting for me) of (hopefully) an American Goldfinch and Allium sphaerocephalon. Allium is the Flower of the Month exhibition at EBSQart so this is why I've chosen this particular flower.
I started with a blending of 3 colours for the background. Looks like a blotchy mess doesn't it? I then started painting the flowers. Buds really. They haven't really started blooming yet.
You can see where I've sketched the birds onto the flowers. I painted the black on the male just so I could get an idea of where they are situated and if the size was correct. I'll be painting more over the next few days. I should really hurry up if I want it in the November show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow you weren't kidding you were in the mood for larger! it's gorgeous so far!!!

i also tagged you on my blog.. come over and take a look!! :D http://sharilynnstudios.com!