Thursday, November 10, 2011

graphite sketch - WIP

It's been about 4 years since I painted these two....maybe more.  They are 13 now, so it's time for an updated painting for my daughter.  This is a work in progress.  I have lots more to do on it.

Very preliminary stage of the drawing.  Filling in here and there and just trying to get a feel for the piece.

Might have found my groove.  We'll see how it progresses.                   

Adding in some shadows and showing where the lights is coming from.  Not sure how to proceed with things like the shoe laces, but I'll worry about that later.

  I don't know...maybe the pictures are to small for you to see the progress.  When it's done, I'll post a slightly bigger pic.  I have two reference photos I'm using, but I wanted them both in the tree.  It's a big beautiful old old tree that sits on the beach.  Brayden is a lot taller than Owen, so I hope I have captured his long skinny legs......we'll see

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Love that you are showing your progress and photo references. I can see them just fine. Good luck but it looks like you don't need it.