Friday, September 9, 2011

Pastels....I think I might hate them!!!!! WIP -


This is just a practice piece (thank goodness)...I haven't worked much with pastels and now I know why.  They are hard!!!!!  I have more on me than on the paper I think.    I am not happy with the way this is turning out at all.  All muddy, and I've been using workable fixative during the process.  I think I need a class if I can find one. I've taken part in some online ones, but I think I need a bricks and mortar type class.


2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I'm with you! I refuse to do stick pastel anymore. I tried doing them with gloves on, still got the crap all over me! I greatly admire anyone who can master the medium...I do use the Conte' pencils which are in reality a hard pastel. To me they have the feel of charcoal which is my favorite medium.

maddyrose said...

I know I hate pastels. I've never been able to use them and make anything I'm proud of. My hat's off to those who can make art with them, I just make a mess.