Friday, October 15, 2010

Northern Lights, Night Rider, acrylic painting

Night Ride - 2.5" x 3.5" acrylic painting

I didn't think I would get this finished tonight. I haven't painted Northern Lights in ages. The summer was so cloudy we never got a chance to see any. I am not sure the fall will be much better. Yet in the fall, when colour and senses seem so much more intense the lights are even greater if you get to see them. What a perfect way to watch them. A night ride!!!

This aceo is listed on Ebay here

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Beautiful sky! I have seen the norther lights once and they looked just like this.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I so love the Northern Lights! I miss not being far enough north to see them anymore.

Sue said...

I've never had the luck of seeing Northern lights, we don't get any in Italy unfortunately.
Very nice painting !
Sue.