Saturday, February 20, 2010

Painted Feather Experiment #1

I've painted feathers before, but it's been awhile. I decided to try it again. It's not like riding a bike...I have forgotten how I did this. This is my first attempt at refreshing my memory. You can barely make out the lighthouse and reflection. It's supposed to be daybreak.
I think I would like the colours more pronounced. I'm not sure if I will try another feather tonight or not. I have some other ideas on how I want to handle the feather (which is tricky at best) and next time I purchase feathers I will look a little more closely at how the feather is holding together (not all feathers are created equal it seems) In the spring I think I will go out on the prairie and see if I can find some seagull feathers to paint on.

2 comments:

m1 Designs said...

Oh I can see it. This will be very beautiful when done. Love it.

Marlene said...

Wonderful, you can see the lighthouse, very subtle. I would never have thought to paint on a feather.