Wednesday, May 6, 2009

lighting storm paintings

Trying to get back into the "painting" mood. It's been awhile. I got all my paints out today and then kept getting sidetracked with various things. We are supposed to get thunderstorms today, but so far it's just overcast and kind of gloomy. No lack of wind though! Maybe tonight we will get a lightning show.
All cities seem to have these kind of faceless buildings. Square cold buildings. They actually make a good canvas when reflecting the sky. This is my idea of how one of these buildings would look during a storm. The power would have to be out so that no light would shine to the outside. I used varnish only on the building to make the "glass".
You will find both of these aceos listed on Ebay here
ace0 - 2.5" x 3.5"


3 comments:

m1 Designs said...

We had the wind yesterday and some fast moving rain but did not see any lightning. I love watching the lightning.
Love the first painting with the house all lit and cozy.

Sue said...

Leola have you been in my area????
We have a building next to our house that's exactly like the one in your painting...LOL ... you've visited and didn't look me up!!!!
LOL.
It's the ugliest building in our road , a real eye sore infortunately.
The only good thing about it is that it reflects the sun and so I get some nice reflected sunlight..
You 've done a good job on the painting.
Sue.

Debra Keirce said...

Beautiful paintings! Definitely moody!