Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Work in Progress - Stormy Sea with ?something

This is the start of a new painting I'm doing for myself. It is larger than what I usually do. 20" x 16". I want a sunset, but storm forming overhead. Here I have put the basic elements in, but will have to add lightning etc later.
Work started on the water. I have to add waves etc, but wanted to figure out the "lay of the land" sort of speak. In Saskatchewan we have very dramatic sunsets. I want this painting to be very bold to, so have chosen bright bold colours for the evening sky.
The next stage after the water will be painting the shore line and adding a "mystery object" that I will reveal later. Please check back to see the progress.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Hmm, very interesting, and quite mysterious! I love the colours...will check back later for the surprise : )